Deepwater Counseling places the health of our clients and staff as our highest priority. With this said, we have put together a preparedness plan to do our part to reduce the unnecessary spread of Flu/COVID-19 (coronavirus), especially to vulnerable persons.
Our preparedness plan is outlined as follows:
- Clients, visitors, and employees of Deepwater Counseling with respiratory illness of any kind (fever, cough, difficulty breathing) will not be permitted onsite. The 24-hour cancellation policy is always waived for those who report illness. When sick, self-care and rest are essential.
- Clients, visitors, and employees who have traveled to a country with a Level 3 Travel Health Notice (China, Iran, Italy and South Korea) who have been back in the US for less than 14 days will not be permitted onsite.
- If you stay home from work, or keep a child home from school due to illness, we ask that you do not come into the office. In most cases we will be able to offer teletherapy sessions depending on treatment and age of the client.
- If you have a fever or have had a fever, you must be fever-free for at least 48 hours without the aid of a fever reducer before coming into the office.
- 60%+ antibacterial sanitizer will be made available in the lobby, bathroom, and of all offices. We ask clients to use liberally.
- We have established a TEMPORARY moratorium on HAND-SHAKING.
- Please remember to wash hands vigorously after using the restroom, coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Deepwater Counseling staff will disinfect surfaces in office throughout the day, as it is also flu season, and this is our general good practice for a safe and healthy work environment.
- KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON! We will all get through this!