I am a Licensed Professional Counselor who believes that a trusting, collaborative relationship is the basis for making positive changes. I have over 15 years of experience helping children, families, and adults examine what is causing distress in their lives. I assist people in developing positive coping skills through identifying their strengths and utilizing those strengths to decrease the distress that has caused their lives to be unmanageable. This is offered in a non-judgmental environment.
I utilize a person-centered, trauma-informed approach and also incorporate cognitive behavioral techniques and systems theory into the therapeutic process. I have a wide range of experience including: play therapy, grief and loss, depression, anxiety, trauma work, and treatment of substance use disorders. I’m also trained in prolonged exposure therapy for the treatment of PTSD.
- Grief and Loss
- End of Life Issues
- Child Therapy
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Professional Stress and Burnout
Education, Certifications, and Licenses
- Masters of Education in Human Development Counseling, Vanderbilt University
- Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Michigan
- Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor, MCBAP
- Trained in Prolonged Exposure Therapy to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- Michigan Mental Health Counseling Association