Deepwater Counseling is a progressive and inclusive counseling practice offering robust internships for final-year, master’s-level counseling and social work students. Internships are unpaid and for students gaining counseling hours for college credit/graduation.
During your internship with us, you can expect to:
- Provide counseling to a variety of populations, including kids, teens, adults, and couples.
- Learn about and provide therapy for a variety of issues.
- Hone in on a particular interest of your choice. You will do this by writing and publishing a blog related to that topic, as well as creating and presenting a community workshop based on that topic.
- Gain experience with writing intake notes, treatment plans, and progress notes.
- Interact and learn from an awesome group of professional, fun, and passionate therapists.
You will be required to:
- Carry a caseload of at least 10 clients per week.
- Be fully vaccinated and willing to mask if COVID levels become high.
- Work both with in-person and online clients.
- Commit to at least two semesters with the practice.
- Carry student liability insurance.
- Day, evening, and weekend hours available
- Onsite supervision
- Friendly and supportive staff
- Exposure to a variety of clients as far as age, sexual orientation, culture, etc.
- Opportunity to learn about and work with concerns such as depression, anxiety, trauma, grief and loss, addiction, ADHD, life transitions, cultural/sexual identity, couples/family conflict, etc.
- Access to our wellness room and company events/outings
- Possibility of future employment upon graduation
Think you’d be a good fit? Please send your resume and cover letter to clinical director Jennifer Burger at firstname.lastname@example.org.